Top Tips for Advanced Keyword Research
The keyword research phase of a search engine marketing campaign is the most important. It’s what determines how much traffic your site gets and whether you even get to the next step in your campaign. That’s why it’s important that you understand how to do keyword research well, including using tools that will help you get great results from the start of your SEO Vaughan project. This article will go over some advanced tips for doing advanced keyword research!
Ask people in your target audience what they search
- Ask your friends and family. It’s easy to assume that people who are close to you will have similar opinions and interests as you, but they might not. In fact, many times a friend will be happy to share their own experiences with a product or service even if it doesn’t align with what you’re looking for (which can actually be helpful in getting more ideas).
- Ask your customers. Doing this takes the effort away from guessing what people are searching for by directly asking them what they are searching for! Make sure though that the content you put out there is not only relevant but also useful since they’ll likely know better than anyone else what exactly it is that makes up their interests in regards to this subject matter.
- Ask your competitors (ahem). If there’s another company that’s providing similar products or services around yours, then chances are good this company has done some keyword research on its own—so why not ask where they got their data from? You may learn something valuable from doing so!
Understand latent semantic indexing (LSI).
- Latent semantic indexing (LSI) is a form of natural language processing (NLP) that uses words to describe concepts. For example, the words “dog” and “dog breed” are related because they both describe dogs.
- LSI can be used in keyword research to find long-tail keywords that are less competitive and easier to rank than broad terms like “cheap shoes.”
Use good keyword research tools
Google’s Adwords Keyword Tool is another great option and has been around since 2008. It gives you access to the exact same keyword data that you would get through the PPC interface, but with no cost required on your end (other than your time). This makes it ideal for anyone who doesn’t have an active paid ad campaign running at any given time.
Analyse the competition
In the first steps of keyword research, it can be tempting to focus on keywords that have tons of search volume. But when you’re ready to move beyond the basics and begin your advanced research, you’ll want to start thinking about how competitive those high-volume keywords are.
These tips can help you boost your keyword research skills, and ultimately improve your site’s ranking on search engines. We hope that you found this article helpful, and we wish you luck with your next big project! Hire CA Digital – The Top SEO Company Vaughan to rank higher on google.