Simple SEO Wins to Raise Your Positions
There are so many pieces that need to be put together into one cohesive strategy before we even get started with actual keyword research and link building! Luckily, we can break down the process into manageable chunks—so that even if you’re brand new to the world of SEO (or if you’ve been burned by bad advice in the past), these quick wins should help get your site ready for Google’s eyes:
Pay attention to page titles.
- Pay attention to page titles. The title of a web page is its most important SEO element, so it’s important that you include your target keywords in the title. That said, if your keyword is too long and doesn’t fit in the space provided, you might want to consider using a different word or phrase instead. Remember short and sweet wins over long and wordy every time!
- Be consistent with keywords across all pages on your site (if possible). If you have multiple pages that cover similar topics or content types, be sure they all contain at least some of the same keywords so they’re easy for search engines to categorize together as part of a larger body of work (and not just individual pieces). Make sure each page has a unique title so visitors can easily identify which one they need without having to look at every single one first – this will also help them better understand how each fits into your overall mission statement when looking at results on SERP listings later down the line!
Conduct an SEO audit
Once you’ve got your website up and running, it’s time to take an in-depth look at what you have. Perform an SEO audit of your site. A thorough SEO Ontario audit can help identify areas where you’re doing well and areas where improvements could be made. For example, an SEO audit might reveal that:
- You have duplicate content on multiple pages (this should be avoided)
- You have broken links on the site (these should be fixed)
- Your website is missing a sitemap (this will help Google crawl and index your site faster)
- You’re using the same meta descriptions across all of your pages (this means Google will see each page as duplicating each other and penalise them accordingly).
Find and fix broken links
The third quick SEO win is to find and fix broken links on your site. You should be using a tool called Screaming Frog to find any broken links on your site. It’s free, and it’s really easy to use. Just enter the URL of your website into the tool, click “analyze website”, then click “next” until you get to the results page.
If any of your pages have 404 errors (which means they don’t exist anymore), go into them and see if there’s something in particular that needs changing/fixing/updating on those pages. If not, delete them!
Ensure your website is indexable, then submit a sitemap
You’ve heard of “meta-tags” and “keywords,” but did you know that there’s another aspect of your site that can be optimized for SEO? A sitemap contains the URLs on your website, so Google knows where to find them.
So there you have it: our top four quick wins for SEO. If you’re looking to get started right away on improving your rankings, or if you just want to make sure your site is set up properly before launching into the deeper stuff, these are great places to start.
When it comes down to it though, good SEO is a slow burn. The best way to see results from your efforts is by investing in high-quality content and making sure that every piece of text on your website has been well researched before being published (this will also help with keyword research). It may not seem like much at first glance, but these easy wins can go a long way toward improving your rankings! Hire CA Digital if you are looking for premium SEO Services in Ontario, get a reliable quote today!