How Will The Website’s Domain Name Affect SEO?
Choosing a good SEO Company Brampton for your website is important. Don’t rush into it, though, as choosing the wrong domain name could negatively impact how search engines perceive your site and its rankings.
In this post, we’ll look at two components of a domain name – the extension and the actual words used in it – with tips on how to choose wisely for your business.
Carry out keyword research
To begin, let’s start with the basics: what is keyword research? It’s the process of identifying what your site is about and what words people are most likely to use when looking for information on it.
Why do you need to carry out keyword research? Because if you don’t know what keywords people will use to find your website, how can you possibly expect them to find it?
How do I do my keyword research? There are two main ways: using Google Keyword Planner or using a tool like SEMrush. Both tools give great insight into relevant search terms, but they also differ slightly in what they offer, so I would recommend trying both before deciding which one works best for your business and budget.
Keep it short and simple
When it comes to your website’s domain name, there are a few important things you have to keep in mind. First and foremost: make sure it’s short and simple.
It should be easy for visitors to remember the name of your site, so no hyphens or numbers are necessary (unless you’re trying to include a number in your name).
Also, don’t choose a name that’s too long—this will just cause people trouble when they try to type it into their browser address bar or share it with others via social media or email.
Finally, don’t use words that are too obscure; there may be some people who know what “bifurcated” means but not many.
And if possible, avoid acronyms because they can look like spammy marketing tactics instead of genuine content on most sites and those acronyms might even come across as forced attempts at SEO Brampton.
Make your domain name memorable
- Make it easy to remember. A good domain name is one that people can easily recall and pronounce. People are more likely to type in a domain name that’s easy, simple, and intuitive.
- If you’re naming your website after yourself or your business but don’t think you’ll be able to remember it down the line when you’re making changes, then this might not be the right fit for your brand (or you).
- Avoid hyphens and numbers. Hyphens have no place in any modern-day domain name because they make typing out URLs unnecessarily difficult.
- They’ll surely confuse some search engines looking for keywords within a URL rather than simply trying to figure out what words may appear together on a page (i.e., if someone types in “hyphen numeral underscore underscore” into Google search bar, will this return results about someone who has entered something like “new york city restaurant guide”?).
- Also, try not using numbers—they’re difficult enough as-is without adding an extra layer of confusion by having them split up across multiple words.
- Avoid capital letters in the middle of words unless absolutely necessary because this could potentially confuse users into thinking there are multiple pages when really all they need is just one, or worse yet: misspellings due to poor typing skills.
A domain name is the first thing people see when they visit a website. It’s your brand’s identity, so it’s important that you choose an appropriate domain name for your business.
The right domain name can help build trust in your brand and boost search engine rankings, while a bad one can cause confusion among potential customers. Hopefully, this article has given you some insight into how to choose a good domain name for your business and find the right SEO Company Brampton. Future plans for CA Digital, a Canadian SEO company, include working with outstanding clientele and advancing website development. We’d also love to hear from you if you’d want to join our team.